This article is for vendors and law firms.
This article will cover:
- What are Timekeeper Rates?
- Who should submit Timekeeper Rates?
- How to Submit New Timekeeper Rates
- Updating an Existing Rate Manually
- Why can't I submit Timekeeper Rates?
What are Timekeeper Rates?
Timekeeper rates are the agreed rates you have set with the client for hourly work. The timekeepers are the individuals who will carry out the work (partners, associates, paralegals etc.) and will be listed on the itemized invoices. Depending on your fee arrangement and client requirements, it may be mandatory to submit timekeeper rates to Brightflag to avoid invoice rejection.
Who should submit Timekeeper Rates?
Vendor Admins and Vendor Office Admins have the necessary access level to submit Timekeeper Rates on Brightflag. Click here to find out more about users and access. When submitting rates, refer to your client's billing guidelines.
How to Submit New Timekeeper Rates
The following video guide will take you through timekeeper rates submission.
- Navigate to Menu > Timekeepers.
- Click Bulk Upload.
- Click Download Excel Template.
- Populate the spreadsheet, adhering to the guidelines below.
- The Timekeeper ID is any identifier you would like. This is usually a numerical ID.
- The Role can be any role name you choose. However, you must use the full word and your region's industry-standard naming convention.
- The Rate should have '.' rather than ',' e.g. 1000.00, not 1000,00. However, if you enter the values the format of the template will adjust automatically.
- The Currency should be the 3-letter ISO code (i.e. USD)
- The Effective Date must be in the format yyyy-mm-dd or dd/mm/yyyy.
- The cell format must not change, so if you are copying and pasting values from your own spreadsheet into the template, be sure to paste values only.
- IMPORTANT: If you are editing existing timekeepers, be sure to remove any other timekeepers from the template before submitting the file. Likewise, if you are adding new timekeepers, remove any existing timekeepers from the template. If you don't remove the existing approved timekeepers, they will be set back to 'pending' when you upload the template.
- only UTF-8 encoding is supported for special and non-English characters and diacritics (accents) within Timekeeper names so please make sure your spreadsheet software is configured as such.
- Save the file, but do not rename it.
- Click Choose File and Upload.
- Click Upload Rates to confirm the submission. This will submit a new request to your client for their review.
- Your timekeeper rates will appear as Pending, meaning the requests have gone through to your client for approval. Once they approve or reject, the status will update.
Updating an Existing Rate Manually
- Click on the edit icon beside the relevant timekeeper.
- Edit the value(s) of your choice.
- Click Update. This will submit a new request to your client for their review. When they approve/reject the request you will see the status update on this same screen.
You can track the status of your rate requests on this same page. You can learn more about this here: Viewing Existing Timekeeper Rates
Why can't I submit Timekeeper Rates?
If you are unable to submit Timekeeper Rates, you may not have the required access level. Contact the Vendor Admin at your firm or click here to find out more about users and permissions.
Hi, dear team:
Please, let me know how to delete a timekeeper from the list. Thank you
Article is closed for comments.