Departments are used in Brightflag to control access to matters and to track the departments/functions related to a matter.
To add a department:
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Departments.
- Click Add Department in the top right corner of your screen.
- Enter the department name.
- Choose a Department Head if necessary. Department heads can be useful when configuring invoice approval workflows.
- Once added, check the box to Enable department.
To add users to a department, the following guide will take you through this: Adding a User to a Department
To edit a department:
To edit a department you've already created:
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Departments
- Find the department you want to edit from the list of departments.
- You can edit both the "Department Name" and "Department Head" by clicking on the respective item and using the dialog box to edit the entry.
- Once you're satisfied with the edit you've made press the tick icon to save your changes.