Brightflag accepts LEDES files in format 98B and 98BI. For more info on these files, please refer to https://ledes.org/.
Depending on your client's requirements, a PDF copy of the invoice may be mandatory for submission with your LEDES file.
To upload a LEDES file:
- Navigate to Menu > Invoices >Upload LEDES
- Select the LEDES Format of 98B or 98BI
- Click Choose Files and
- If your file as any significant issues, you will see an error message in red text. Please address this error and re-upload the file. Additionally, you can Submit a Request to Brightflag Support for further help.
- Click Submit Invoice.
- Once you submit you'll see the following screen
- If the matter ID is not included in the LEDES file, you will need to set the Client Contact, Matter, and Currency for each invoice in your LEDES file. You can do this by:
- Clicking on each field and setting it one by one
- - Clicking on the tick-box to the left of each relevant invoice and click Set for Selected Invoices at the top of your screen to bulk assign matter details.
- Click Add Invoice PDF if required.
- Click Add Attachments to add any expenses receipts where required.
- Select a Budget Phase where required. If this option is greyed out, no action is required. If you are unsure of which budget phase to choose, please reach out to your client contact.
- If there are any errors in your invoice, you can fix them within Brightflag. Click the Fix button on the right to do so.
- If this invoice is a revised draft of a previously submitted invoice that was rejected, click the Link button and select the invoice number of the original draft. Duplicate invoice numbers are not allowed unless it is a revised draft.
- Finally, select all invoices using the tick-boxes on the left side of the screen and click Submit Selected Invoices in the bottom right corner.
All unconfirmed files will stay on this page until they are confirmed and submitted. You can also delete any files you have decided not to submit.