Assigning a user to a department is important for several reasons:
- If the user is a Department Overview User, the departments that they are assigned to will define which matters they see. If a matter is allocated to one of their departments, then they will see that matter's information.
- A Department Overview User will have access to their department's spend analytics on the Spend Overview Dashboard.
- It is useful for informational purposes, as you can track the organizational structure of your userbase.
To add a user to a department:
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Departments.
- Click on the blue icon beside the relevant department.
- Begin entering the relevant username in the Add User box.
- Select the user from the options.
- Click Add User.
Article is closed for comments.