With Brightflag, you can easily visualize and export your legal spend data across a variety of variables. The Spend by Month Report is an out-of-box report that will provide you with a depiction of your legal spend across time.
- Navigate to Menu > Reports > Spend by Month Report.
- Select a date range for your report.
- Select the date type that the date range filter will use. Choose whether to view spend based on the date types Worked, Invoiced, or Received.
- Spend Worked relates to the dates the lawyers did the work they charged for. It is based off the earliest and latest line item dates on the invoice.
- Spend Invoiced relates to the date that the invoice was created/issued.
- Spend Received relates to the date the invoice was submitted to Brightflag.
- Select a category that you would like to filter the report by. You can choose between Practice Area (Department), Matter, Entity, and Law Firm (Vendor).
- Choose the values you would like included in this category filter. If you would like all spend included, select all values in that category.
- Select a currency for your report to be generated in.
- You can choose between Euro, Dollar, Pound Sterling or any other currency using the Other Currency button.
- If the currency you have chosen differs from the original invoice currency, the spend will be converted using the Fx rate present at noon on the invoice's date.
- When you have selected your data, you will see the spend visualized in the chart area. The table below will populate with the spend data and totals.
- To export this information, click the Export to Excel button.
To gather more granular analytics on your data, you can build your own report in the Brightflag report builder.