Brightflag's new Report Builder is a fast and focused solution to answer business-critical questions for data. This new Report Builder allows you to create custom reports to suit your needs. This can be used to generate specific insights or high-level summaries.
All Brightflag users in your company will have access to the report builder, however, the data you see will vary depending on your access level and the matters and invoices that you are assigned to.
To build a report:
- Navigate to Menu > Reports > Report Builder
- This will take you to Report Builder page where you can see already saved reports as well as an option to create a new Report.
- Click on green colored +CREATE REPORT icon on right hands side.
- You will be taken to the next page and there you can see different sets of data you can report with. Each one listed below has a little description to assist you in selecting what that data set includes.
- Click on +NEW icon of any data set to start creating a report.
- Select the fields either by searching the name of the field or by clicking on the drop-down option. Drop-Down will show you what fields are available. You can select all or a few of the core fields by selecting + icon next to them.
- Selected fields will be displayed on the right side with three options on top REPORT FIELDS, FILTERS, AND OPTION for more granular selection.
- Once all the FIELDS, FILTERS, AND OPTIONs are selected and set, you can either click on RUN REPORT or save the created template by clicking the DONE button.
- If clicked on RUN REPORT, select Date type, Date Range, Report currency, and the output method - either displaying the report in the browser or allowing you to share the report to other users as a downloadable file by entering their email address using a custom, CSV or Excel format.
- Your company's default currency will be used if you do not select a currency.
- Suppose the currency on your report differs from the original invoice currency. In that case, the spend will be converted using the mean FX rate (foreign exchange rate) as per the invoice date (FX rates are updated daily in Brightflag through the European Central Bank.
- If you Selected DONE, or clicked on RUN REPORT, the Output option with Preview on Screen, it will also give you the option to save the template if clicked on DONE.
- Change the Template name and Toggle the option to make a Report Public for other colleagues.
- When choosing Preview on Screen as the output method, the report will be displayed within the Brightflag platform directly, allowing you to Edit it.
To view your saved reports at a later date, simply enter the report builder again, and click on the 3 dots next to any existing report.