After building a report in the Brightflag Report Builder, you may want to receive an updated copy of the report on a regular basis. To negate the need to run and export the report within Brighflag every time, you can schedule a recurring export through the Brightflag Report Scheduler.
To schedule a report:
- Navigate to Menu > Reports > Report Scheduler.
- Start by selecting the report type.
- Next, Select the Report to Schedule. If you choose Report Builder as your report type, then the reports that you have saved or your company's public reports can be chosen from this dropdown.
- Select the Export Type from the dropdown.
- Click on Select the Start Date and Select the Start Time to choose when the first occurrence of the report will be sent.
- Click on Select Frequency to choose how often you would like for the report to be sent.
- If the standard frequencies aren't suitable, you can Specify A Custom Frequency (Hours).
- If the report will be sent via email, enter the email recipients for this report by clicking on Choose Email Recipients. Then click the Add button to confirm the entry. After selecting the first recipient, you can enter additional recipients or CC recipients.
- The data included in the report will be based on the access level of the scheduler. If you want a colleague to only see data from their own access rights, they will need to schedule the report themselves.
- Alternatively/additionally, you can send the report to an SFTP location. To do this, click on Specify An SFTP Server.
- Your report is now scheduled. On the right side of your screen, under Manage Scheduled Reports, you will see your new report.
You can edit a scheduled report at any time. To do so, follow the steps in the article: Changing a Scheduled Report