When an invoice is pending your review, you will be notified via email. Alternatively, you can monitor your review queue. If you are an Ordinary User, this will be your landing page.
To begin reviewing an invoice:
- Find the relevant invoice by navigating to Menu > Invoice Management > Invoices.
- Click on the invoice number to access the Invoice Analysis page of that invoice.
- In the top left corner of the Invoice Analysis page, you will see the invoice's high-level information.
- Click on the Matter Name to access the matter's overview page.
- Click on the Invoice Number to access the invoice's original PDF, if applicable.
- You can access previously rejected drafts of an invoice by clicking on the Invoice Icon beside the Invoice Number of the relevant draft,
- At the bottom of the page, you will see the line items on this invoice.
- Navigate through the tabs Fees and Expenses for all line items.
- The Attachments tab will display any receipts included on this invoice.
- The Allocations tab lists the invoice's accounting codes.
- Invoice Flags are located at the center of the Invoice Analysis page. Flags are generated by Brightflag's artificial intelligence.
- Click on a flag title to filter to the line items that relate to that flag.
- In addition to flags, you can review invoices on Brightflag with the help of a number of data points, powered by Brightflag's artificial intelligence.
- The invoice breakdowns are located on the left side of the page, highlighting a Timekeeper Breakdown, Specific Task Breakdown and Activity Breakdown.
- Clicking into any of the values in these breakdowns will filter to the line items relating to that value.
- In the top right corner, you will see the comments box.
- Add an internal comment in this box for your colleagues to see.
- Any comments entered by the vendor at the point of upload will be displayed here.
- Below the comment box is the fees box.
- Any fee adjustments made on the invoice will appear in the adjustment breakdown section of this box.
Invoice Approval Workflow:
- In the bottom right corner of the screen is the invoice's approval workflow.
- If required, you can change the stages or approvers that appear in the workflow.
Adjusting an Invoice:
- The following guide will take you through Adjusting an Invoice.