Depending on your client's requirements, you may be asked to submit a re-forecasted budget for each of your matters. You will be notified by your client when this is needed. This guide takes you through how to do this one by one. To do this in bulk using a spreadsheet, click here.
To submit a budget request:
- Navigate to Menu > Matters.
- Select the relevant matter by clicking on the Matter Name.
- Click on the Request Budget tab on the matter page.
- Select the year that you are entering the request for.
- Enter your budget request for the current year, broken out by quarter.
- Finally, click Request Budget to submit the entry.
The budget currency reflects the matter currency and thus can't be changed when submitting budget requests. If you need the matter currency should be changed, please reach out to your client contact as they can change this on their end.
If you submit a budget in error, you can resubmit your budgets in the same manner as before. The most recent version you submit will be the one the client reviews.
You will be notified by email when your budget request has been approved or rejected.