This article is for vendors and law firms.
This article is for vendor users who can request matters. If you can create a matter without client approval, click here. The ability to create or request matters is managed in your client's settings. If you don't have the option of creating or requesting, reach out to your client to ask them to open a matter and share it with you or your firm office.
Before creating, it's important to ensure that the matter doesn't already exist. You can search for the matter to check that it hasn't already been created.
Requesting a Matter
To request or create a matter:
- Navigate to Menu > Matters> View Matters
- Click the Request Matter button in the top right corner.
Begin entering values for all matter fields. Required fields are highlighted in pink, see below for an example of what these could look like.
- Click here to find out more about what each matter field means here.
- If you don't have the correct information for a non-required field, this can always be entered after the point of matter creation.
If a value you are looking for is not present in the dropdown options, reach out to your client contact. They can add the detail from their end.
- When all required fields are populated, click Request Matter to finalize the entry.
- The request will be sent to your client, and they'll have the opportunity to approve or reject the request.
- Once your client has approved or rejected your request, you'll receive an email notification and the matter will be visible on the Matters page.
- Only clients have the ability to close a matter.