A matter can be created by either you or your vendor (depending on your configuration). Before creating a matter, it's important to check that it does not already exist. The guide Finding a Matter will take you through this.
To create a matter:
- Navigate to Menu > Matter Management > Search/Add Matters.
- Click the Add Matter button on the right side of your screen.
- Begin entering values for all matter fields. Required fields are in pink.
- If you do not know the information for a non-required field, this can always be entered after the point of matter creation.
- If a value you are looking for is not present in the dropdown options, please contact your company's Brightflag administrator.
- Assign a Vendor. This will allow all vendor admin users in that vendor to access the matter.
- If you would like vendor ordinary users to access the matter, you can assign specific users using the Assignee 1 dropdown.
- When all fields are populated, click Create New Matter to finalize the creation. This will send a notification to all vendor assignees you selected in step 5, stating that the matter has been created.
Further explanation of what each core matter field means can be found in the following guide: Matter Fields Explained (Brightflag Customers)
Matter details can be changed at any point by accessing the matter overview page of that matter. In some cases, your vendor will have access to change matter details.
Article is closed for comments.