An invoice can be uploaded by either you or your vendor. You can upload an invoice on the vendor's behalf if you would prefer not to set them up on the Brightflag Law Firm Portal.
PDF invoices can either be billed with an itemized hourly breakout or as an agreed fixed fee.
To submit a PDF hourly fee invoice:
- Navigate to Menu > Invoice Management > Invoice Upload
- Select a Vendor and Vendor Office.
- If the vendor or vendor office that you are looking for is not showing in the dropdown options, you will need to create the vendor and vendor office. You will not need to add vendor users if you will be uploading invoices on their behalf.
- Use the Matter Search bar to enter any matter identifier. This will filter the Select Matter dropdown options to matters that include that identifier.
- Select whether this invoice Is This a Resubmitted Invoice?. A resubmitted invoice is a revised draft of a rejected invoice.
- Enter the Invoice Number. Your invoice will be auto-rejected if it is not an exact match of the invoice number as stated on the PDF. Each invoice must have a unique invoice number, unless it is a resubmitted draft of a previously submitted invoice.
- Select the invoice Currency as it appears on the PDF. Each invoice must only contain one currency.
- Select the Invoice Date. This is the date that the invoice was created/issued on.
- Enter the Fees. This is the sum of all line items or the sum of all fixed fees, prior to any discount. Expenses or tax should not be included here.
- Enter a total Discount or Discount %.
- Enter the Expenses (excl. tax) and Total Tax.
- The Invoice Total will auto-calculate based on the previous fields. If this is not adding up to the total on the PDF, you will need to rectify a mistake in the entries of the prior fields.
- Where necessary, enter a Note that will appear on the invoice for the invoice reviewers to see.
- Verify that all fields match the PDF invoice. Any mismatch will lead to an auto-rejection of your invoice. Some clients may require that the entity and entity address on the PDF match the matter. If so, check the matter details before creating your PDF.
- Click Submit Invoice.
- Confirm the submission by clicking Submit Invoice.