Before creating a matter, it's important to check that it does not already exist. This guide Finding a Matter will take you through finding a matter. Some clients do not allow you to create a matter and you must request a matter instead.
To request or create a matter:
- Navigate to Menu > Matters
- Click the Add Matter button in the top right corner.
- Begin entering values for all matter fields. Required fields are in pink.
- If you do not know the information for a non-required field, this can always be entered after the point of matter creation.
- If a value you are looking for is not present in the dropdown options, reach out to your client contact. They can add in the value from their end.
- When all fields are populated, click Add Matter to finalize the entry.
Further explanation of what each core matter field means can be found in the following guide: Matter Fields Explained (Law Firm Portal)
Depending on your client's settings, matter details can be changed at a later date from the matter detail's page. If you do not have access to this but require a change, reach out to your client contact.