This article is for vendors and law firms.
This article is for vendor users who can create matters. If you are required to request matters for client approval, click here. The ability to create or request matters is managed in your client's settings. If you don't have the option of creating or requesting, reach out to your client to ask them to open a matter and share it with you or your firm office.
Before creating, it's important to ensure that the matter doesn't already exist. You can search for the matter to check that it hasn't already been created.
Creating a Matter
- Navigate to Menu > Matters > View Matters
- Click the Add Matter button in the top right corner.
- The matter creation form will appear. Enter the details in the required fields (marked in pink).
- Click here to find out more about what each matter field means here.
- If you don't have the correct information for a non-required field, this can always be entered after the point of matter creation.
- If a value you are looking for is not present in the dropdown options, reach out to your client contact. They can add the detail from their end.
- When all required fields are populated, click Add Matter to finalize the entry.
- The matter should now be listed on the page.
- Only clients have the ability to close a matter.
Article is closed for comments.