The approval workflow of an invoice is set via automated rules called Invoice Approval Workflows. These rules are often (but not always) informed by the user that is the internal matter lead on an invoice. Changing an internal matter lead on a matter will provide you with the option to change the approver on all pending invoices in that matter. This article will take you changing the approvers or review stages on an individual invoice.
To find the approval workflow of an invoice:
- Navigate to Menu > Invoice Management > Invoices.
- Find the invoice you are looking for and click into the Invoice Analysis page of that invoice.
- On the right side of your screen, you will see the invoice's approval workflow under the heading Approvers
To add an approver to an invoice:
- Locate the relevant review stage and click +Add Approver.
- Choose the approver from the Please Select User to Add to Stage dropdown.
- Confirm the change by clicking Add.
To remove an approver to an invoice:
- Locate the relevant approver and click the - (minus) button to the right of their name.
- Confirm the change by clicking Remove.
To add a review stage to an invoice:
- In the top right corner of the invoice's approval workflow box, click the +Add Stage button.
- From here you can add an approver following the steps above. Be careful not to leave a stage without an approver when adding stages, as this will prevent the invoice from becoming fully approved.
To remove a review stage to an invoice:
- Locate the relevant review stage and click the - (minus) directly beside Stage No. X