Allocations allow you to split a matter's charges amongst entities, departments, or any type of accounting code. You can divide a matter across multiple accounting codes. You can define the parameters of allocations in matter settings.
To configure Allocation parameters:
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Allocations
- To mandate allocations on an invoice in order to approve the invoice, toggle on Block final invoice approval if no allocations are set.
- This means that invoices won't be allowed to be approved at final stage if allocations are not set for the invoice.
- Click on Create Allocation in the top right corner of your screen.
- Name the allocation e.g. entity code, department code, GL code, etc.
- Define the value Options for each allocation e.g. 1001, 1002, etc.
- You can deactivate an allocation or allocation value at any point in time.
Allocations can now be set on a matter.
Allocation entries will then track through into the AP export spreadsheet. They can also be included in reporting.
It is recommended that you consult your designated Customer Success Manager when adding or editing your AP Route settings. Alternatively, you can reach out to email@example.com for assistance.