Brightflag allows for a Matter Template to be applied against any Matter. A Matter Template can only be created by a Client Admin role (your company'sBrightflag system admin), however, you can add or remove a Matter Template from one of your Matters at any time.
For details on how to create Matter Templates, please visit this guide: Creating a Matter Template
A Matter Template may be used to group Matter fields together if several fields are only relevant to particular Matters.
Using a Matter Template, rather than adding large numbers of custom Matter fields, allows you to reduce the clutter on the matter details page and on the Matter Form.
For example, if you have matter fields that are only relevant to litigation matters, you can make a template called Litigation. Then you can create custom fields for this template.
To view the matter template on your matter:
- Find the relevant matter click on its Matter Overview Page.
- Navigate to the Matter Details tab and you will see the matter template name on the left side of your screen.
- On the lower right side of your screen, you will see the relevant Matter Template Fields.
To change the matter template on your matter:
- Click on the Matter Template name (see p.3. above) and choose a different matter template from the dropdown.
- This will change the Matter Template Fields (on the lower right side of your screen).
Creating a new Matter Template:
Only a Client Admin role (your company's Brightflag system admin) has the appropriate permissions to create a new Matter Template.
Please see this guide for steps on Creating a Matter Template.