You can set matter budgets in Brightflag in a variety of ways:
- Budget by Total: Set a budget for the lifetime of the matter
- Budget by Month: Set a budget by month for the matter
- Budget by Phase: Set a budget for each phase you have defined in the matter
- Budget by Quarter: Set or request a budget to be broken down by fiscal quarter.
To set a budget by quarter:
- Find the relevant matter click into its Matter Overview Page.
- Navigate to the Budgets tab.
- At the top of the budgets tab, you will see Set Budget By __ and then a dropdown option. From the dropdown, select By Quarter.
- Begin entering the Fees, Expenses, and Descriptions for each quarter.
- Click Set Year to choose a calendar year that this relates to.
- Alternatively, you can require for your vendor to send a budget request through the Law Firm Portal. From there, you can review the budget on your end from this same tab.