This article is for vendors and law firms.
Accruals can be submitted to Brightflag manually (individually on the platform) or in bulk. We recommend using the bulk option where you have many open matters. To submit accruals, you must either be a matter participant or a Vendor Office Admin/Vendor Admin user.
We recommend you review this article before getting started with the Accruals submission.
Skip to 2:50 in the following video guide for bulk Accruals submission steps:
- Navigate to Menu > Accruals.
- Ensure that you are submitting Accruals for the current period. The current accrual period is under the "Accrual Period."
- Click on Bulk Submit at the top right of your screen.
- Next, download the bulk submission template.
- The spreadsheet download will be pre-populated with active matters. Fill in the required fields in columns F (Prior Periods Unbilled) and G (Current Accrual Period Unbilled). You may also leave a comment in column H if necessary for the client's review. Do not edit column headings.
- Save the excel file on your desktop, and return to the platform.
- Upload your file and click Submit.
- A pop-up notification will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen for a few seconds following the upload, confirming your Accruals submission has been successful. The status column will also update to Submitted for values you've uploaded.
- You can amend your accrual amounts right up to the deadline by repeating the process. Once the deadline has passed, you won't be able to add or edit accruals to Brightflag.
Click here to learn more about Accruals on Brightflag.