This article is for vendors and law firms.
Accruals can be submitted to Brightflag manually (individually on the platform) or in bulk. We recommend using the bulk option where you have a large number of open matters. In order to submit accruals, you must either be a matter participant or a Vendor Office Admin/Vendor Admin user.
We recommend you review this article before getting started with Accruals submission.
- Navigate to Menu > Accruals.
- Ensure that you are submitting Accruals for the correct period. You will be able to see the current accrual period highlighted in blue at the top of the page.
- Click on Bulk Upload Accruals
- In the pop-up window, select the Download Excel Template button.
- The spreadsheet download will be pre-populated with active matters. Fill in the required fields in columns F and G: Current Accrual Period Unbilled, and Prior Accrual Periods Unbilled. Do not edit column headings.
- Save the excel file on your desktop, and return to the platform.
- Upload your file and click Upload Accruals.
- A pop-up notification will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen for a few seconds after the upload is complete confirming your Accruals submission has been successful.
- You can amend your Accuals amounts right up to the deadline by repeating the process. Once the deadline has passed, you won't be able to add or edit accruals to Brightflag.
Click here to learn more about Accruals on Brightflag.