If you have pre-agreed discounts with your vendors based on the volume of work they complete, you can configure these discounts into Brightflag.
This means that Brightflag will check that the correct discount is being applied to each invoice by your vendors. You will be alerted with a flag whenever the Volume Trade Discount (VTD) on an invoice is incorrect.
Note: Discounts are applied to all fees and are not applied to expenses.
To configure your Volume Trade Discounts (VTD):
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Vendor management.
- Search for the relevant vendor using the search bar.
- Click on the %VD button to the right of the relevant vendor (if you do not see this option please please Submit a Request to Brightflag Support to activate this feature for you).
- Click on +Add Volume Discount.
- Enter a date range for when the VTD will be applied. Invoices within this date range will be included in this band (based on the invoice date [the date the invoice was issued]).
- Select your fee type. This determines which fees are factored into the band's threshold. The three fee type options are:
- fees - discount
- gross total
- gross total - tax
- Click Save to confirm the VD creation.
- Click Add Band.
- Enter the fee range and discount percentage.
- Click Save to confirm the configuration of the first band.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to add more bands.
- If you would like to add another date range over your VTD configuration (e.g. a new financial year has started), you can do so by starting from step 4.
- Ensure you do not delete the existing VTD configurations.