Every matter on Brightflag must have a Matter Category assigned. Brightflag’s default naming for matter categories can be changed to suit your needs.
What are the benefits of customising my matter categories?
- Help law firms identify the correct category when creating/requesting new matters.
- More intuitively named categories for reporting and dashboards.
- Match your Accounts Payable tool’s naming convention.
To enable custom matter categories:
- Reach out to your company’s Brightflag Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, they will enable this feature and help you configure the new setup.
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > Custom Matter Categories.
- Click on Add Matter Category.
- Enter your customised Matter Category Name.
- Select the Brightflag Matter Category from the dropdown that it will map to/
- When the change is complete, the new names will replace the old names throughout Brightflag.