This article is best suited to Client Accounts that have the Purchase Order (PO) feature enabled. Should you wish to have this feature enabled, please have the Client Admin Submit a Request with the Brightflag Support Team,
Adding Purchase Orders (POs) to Brightflag allows your finance team to track spend against POs more easily. POs can be set up in a variety of ways to suit your company’s needs.
PO numbers are set up linked to a matter. You can edit the PO number for individual invoices and you can choose which Vendors on a specific Matter can see them.
To add a PO:
- Find the matter that is connected to the PO and click on the Matter Ref to access the Matter Overview page.
- Navigate to the Purchase Orders tab.
- Click Add Purchase Order.
- You will be required to enter:
- PO Number
- If your PO is connected to several matters, you can create a PO on another matter and use the same PO number.
- When the PO is complete, change the status to Inactive so that your vendors can no longer select it when submitting an invoice.
- PO Amount
- The monetary value that has been budgeted for this PO.
- Start Date and End Date
- Select which vendor you wish to connect to this PO. You can select one vendor per PO. If multiple vendors are working on the same matter, you must create a PO for each vendor.
To Edit/remove a PO:
1. Find the matter you which to edit or remove the PO from and open the PO tab and click on the 3 dots on the far right.
2. You will be presented with two options in this menu to edit or remove.
3. If editing, select the Edit option and make the changes needed to be followed by clicking the save button on the top right, and for removing/deleting you will get a pop-up to confirm the action.
Vendor Visibility of POs
If you have multiple POs set up within a Matter, your Vendor can select the relevant PO which is connected to that Vendor from a dropdown list when they are submitting an invoice.
If an invoice has an incorrect PO assigned, you can manually override the PO on the invoice.