When an invoice is rejected, for whatever reason, you can resubmit it after the appropriate corrections have been made.
To resubmit a PDF Invoice
- Go through the regular process of uploading an invoice
- Under Is this a resubmitted invoice?, click Yes.
If the reason the invoice is rejected is that it’s connected to the wrong matter, upload the revised draft to the correct matter without linking it to the original draft. To do this, change the invoice number (or it will be blocked as a duplicate). We advise appending 'A' to the end of the invoice number. We advise ensuring the invoice number on your PDF matches what you enter on Brightflag.
To resubmit a LEDES Invoice
- Go through the regular process of uploading an invoice.
- After you have uploaded the invoice, click the red link button and select the invoice number of the original draft.
- Duplicate invoice numbers are not allowed unless it is a revised draft.
- Once this is complete you will be able to confirm and fully submit the invoice.