There are a variety of ways in which you can send your invoices to AP (Accounts Payable). If your AP teams would prefer to receive PDF copies of the invoice sent to their inbox, this guide explains how it works. As soon as an invoice is approved, it is emailed to your specified email address with the documents of your choice.
To configure your AP setup:
- Follow steps 1-9 of Configuring AP Routes for the AP route(s) of your choice.
- For step 10, choose either:
- Send Accounts Approval Email (Matter Lead) - A notification email will be sent to the internal matter lead on the invoice's matter.
- Send Accounts Approval Email (Manual) - A notification email can be sent to additional contacts who are not Brightflag users.
What files can be sent?
Please Submit a Request to Brightflag Support for assistance on configuring which files are included. You can have any of the below files included. At least one must be chosen, but all can be sent too.
- Original Invoice PDFs: The original invoice PDFs as submitted by the corresponding law firm.
- Invoice Summary PDFs: These PDFs are auto-generated summaries of each invoice, produced by Brightflag’s software. They specify details including invoice number, subtotal, and approval history in a standardized format. They are also kept on file as records and can have additional utility for AP teams with OCR processes.
- Attachments: If your vendor attaches further files to their upload, you can also include these in the export. Accepted file types are PDF, Docx, Doc, PPT, PPTX, XLSX, XLS, JPG, JPEG, PNG, MSG, TXT.