For Client users of Brightflag, there are 2 ways in which you add notes to a matter - through the use of a custom matter field or through the Notes tab. Custom matter fields are great for reporting and restricting the input type, but the Notes tab is purpose-built for chronological and dynamic note-taking.
Important to highlight that the notes feature is only available for Client users. All notes added to a matter are not visible to Vendors/Law Firms.
To add a note to a matter:
- Find the relevant matter.
- Click on the Matter Ref to access the Matter Overview Page.
- Navigate to the Notes tab of that matter. Here, you will see all notes that have already been added to the matter.
- Begin typing in the text box to enter your note. Click +Add Note to confirm your entry.
- After you have submitted your note, you can edit or delete it by clicking on ⋮ beside the note.
Notes can be viewed by anyone with access to the matter.