This article is best suited to Client Accounts that have the Purchase Order (PO) feature enabled. Should you wish to have this feature enabled, please have the Client Admin Submit a Request with the Brightflag Support Team.
For details on how to add or edit a PO (Purchase Order), please see this help article: Adding or Editing a Purchase Order.
Brightflag has upgraded the Purchase Order feature adding the ability for customers to break down their PO's into multiple lines. This means that:
- Client users will see Multi-Line PO in the PO tab on a Matter page & the PO tab on an Invoice
- Ability to add PO Comments
- The Start & End dates of PO's are now captured
- API enabled
- Law Firms/Vendors may be required to split out fees and expenses by PO line item (depending on client requirements.
Adding a New PO Number with Multi-Line Feature
- Access the relevant Matter and under the PURCHASE ORDERS tab, select the + ADD PURCHASE ORDER
- In the Purchase Order Number box, type the number of the new PO you wish to create
- After you type the new PO number, click on Add new to continue
- Select the vendor
- Select the Currency
- Add new Purchase Order Lines
- Complete the details for each PO line:
- Line Number
- Line Description
- From & To dates(if applicable)
- To add additional lines, click on add line and follow the steps highlighted above
- You can add an optional comment should you wish.
- Finally, once you have all details added to the creation of the new PO, click on the green add button on the top right of the screen
Add Multi-Lines into Existing PO's
Currently, you cannot edit existing Purchase Orders to include this new multi-line feature. The new multi-line PO feature is only available when creating a new PO.
If you have an existing PO that requires multi-line and is a business-critical requirement, you can Submit a Request to the customer support team including the below information:
- Purchase Order Number:
- Matter Ref:
- Vendor Name:
- New PO Line Number:
- New PO Line Amount:
- New PO Line Description “Short Text” on SAP PO request form:
- New PO Line Start Date:
- New PO Line End Date:
For Vendor/Law Firm users that are logged in and select to upload invoices to a client who has the Multi-Line PO feature enabled as a requirement for law firms, the Vendor will see the Multi-Line Purchase Order capability and be able to split out fees and expenses for the Purchase Order.
When Vendors are logged in and select to upload invoices to a customer who does not have Multi-Line PO toggled on, they will not see the Multi-Line Purchase Order capability and will upload invoices for Purchase Order