This article is for vendors and law firms.
Accruals can be submitted to Brightflag manually (individually on the platform) or in bulk. We recommend using the bulk option when you have many open matters. To submit accruals, you must either be a matter participant or a Vendor Office Admin/Vendor Admin user.
We recommend you review this article before getting started with Accruals submission.
Follow this video guide on Accruals submission:
Submitting Accruals Manually
- Navigate to Menu > Accruals.
- Ensure that you are submitting Accruals for the current period. The current accrual period is under the "Accrual Period."
- Accruals are separated into Prior Accrual Periods Unbilled (the amount accrued in previous accrual periods and not yet billed) and Current Accrual Period Unbilled (the amount accrued in this accrual period but not yet billed).
- Input your accrual amounts in the boxes labeled 'Add Amount.'
- If you have no amount for a matter within a particular period, you'll still need to input a 0 value.
- You can add a Comment next to each matter if necessary for your client's review.
- The fields you've populated will appear in green.
8. Click 'Submit Accruals' at the top right to save your submission.
9. Confirm your submission by clicking 'Submit.'
- The status column will update to 'Submitted' for the values you have entered
- You can amend your Accruals amounts right up to the deadline by repeating the process. Once the deadline has passed, you won't be able to add or edit accruals to Brightflag.
Click here to learn more about Accruals on Brightflag.