This article is for vendors and law firms.
Accruals can be submitted to Brightflag manually (individually on the platform) or in bulk. We recommend using the bulk option where you have a large number of open matters. In order to submit accruals, you must either be a matter participant or a Vendor Office Admin/Vendor Admin user.
We recommend you review this article before getting started with Accruals submission.
Submitting Accruals Manually
- Navigate to Menu > Accruals.
- Ensure that you are submitting Accruals for the correct period. You will be able to see the current accrual period highlighted in blue at the top of the page.
- Accruals are separated into Prior Accrual Periods Unbilled (the amount accrued in previous accrual periods and not yet billed) and Current Accrual Period Unbilled (the amount accrued in this accrual period but not yet billed).
- Input your amounts in the boxes. If there has been no amount submitted, the boxes will be pink in colour.
- If you have no amount for a matter within a particular period, you'll still need to input a 0 value.
- You have the option to add a Comment next to each matter for your client's review.
- Once you've filled in all fields, click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- You'll be asked to confirm the values you're submitting and can click Save once you're ready.
- A pop-up notification will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen for a few seconds after the upload is complete confirming your Accruals submission has been successful.
- You can also confirm that your submission was successful by viewing your name in the Submitted By column.
- You can amend your Accruals amounts right up to the deadline by repeating the process. Once the deadline has passed, you won't be able to add or edit accruals to Brightflag.
Click here to learn more about Accruals on Brightflag.