This article is for vendors and law firms.
Uploading Files and Emails to a Matter
To upload files or emails to a matter, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Menu > Matters and click on the Matter Reference (left-hand column) relevant to the matter you'd like to view.
- To upload documents, select the Documents tab within the Matter details.
- On the right side of the Documents screen, you'll see the prompt to Drop file to attach, or browse where you can attach your file.
- Once your attachment has been uploaded, it will become visible in the list of documents attached to the Matter.
- Once the attachment is visible in this list, it has automatically been saved and is now visible to all matter participants including your client. If you need to add a colleague to a matter, click here.
Downloading or Deleting Attachments
Within the documents section of a matter, you can download or delete attachments under the Action column of that page. Deleted files cannot be retrieved.
- Download: click the blue download button
- Delete: click the yellow delete button. You'll get a pop-up window to confirm that you want to delete the file. Once you click the red remove button, the file will be deleted and no longer be visible to any matter participants from both the client or law firm sides.
- Once deleted, files cannot be retrieved.
Document and Attachment FAQs
Who can view the documents attached to a matter?
All client and law firm matter participants can view and download the attachments within a matter.
Can my client see matter attachments?
Yes, all attachments added by law firms will also be available to your client to view and download.
Can I see any matter attachments uploaded by my client?
No, as a vendor law firm user, you'll only have visibility into matter attachments added by law firm matter participants. Any documents that your clients upload to a matter will not be visible to you.
Can deleted files be retrieved?
No, once a file is deleted it cannot be retrieved by anyone. However, all activity will be documented with the Summary tab on the Client view so important to note that your client will be able to see a log of files being added & deleted.
Vendor law firms do not have access to this activity log - only Clients have this level of access.
Is my matter actively tracked by the client?
Yes, your client has an activity log which is visible to them within their Matter Summary Tab. This activity log captures all relevant activity data relating to the matter including details of files uploaded and detected. Below is a screenshot example of what your client will see. This is not accessible or visible for law firms.