You can fine-tune the permissions that apply to any object in Brightflag Workspace, such as a Workroom, Task or File. This gives the admin of that object the ability to control who can view it, and what actions they can take on it.
You can set permissions:
- When you invite a new user to a Workroom, you can set their permission role, which will define the default access level they will have on objects in the Workroom;
- When you share an object with any user or Organization, and you want to set a permission level that is different from their default role;
- At any time after creation, by accessing the permission panel for the object.
Important note: By default, Records can be seen by everyone in a Workroom, regardless of their role level. Tasks, on the other hand, cannot be viewed unless they have been shared with them. Sharing of Tasks generally is activated through default selections presented in the sharing interface. These selections default to sharing with members of your own Organization, but require an action to share a Task or File with members outside of your Organization.
These roles can be assigned to any user in a Workroom, and define what actions they are permitted to take.
- Admin: Upload, download, view, share, edit, delete and comment on Tasks and Files; invite members and set their permissions in the Workroom.
- Editor: Upload, download, view, share, edit, delete and comment on Tasks and Files; see other members in the Workroom.
- Viewer: Upload, download, view and share Files; see other members in the Workroom.
- Restricted Viewer: View Tasks and Files; but cannot see other Restricted Viewers in the Workroom.
These permission levels can be assigned to any Task or File:
- Admin: Upload, download, view, share, edit, delete and comment on the Task or File; and set the permission levels on the file for other users.
- Editor: Upload, download, view, share, edit, delete and comment on the Task or File.
- Viewer: Upload, download, view and share the Task or File.
- Restricted Viewer: View the Task or File.