Where can I see all invoices awaiting my review?
How do I review an invoice:
Once on the Invoices page, select the invoice number to bring you to the invoice review page for that invoice.
In the bottom right corner, you will have the option to approve or reject the invoice.
If you have made an adjustment on the invoice and the Approve button is greyed out, it means your company's settings do not allow you to adjust the invoice fees while approving. If this is the case you will need to reject the invoice to request a revised draft from your vendor.
When you click Approve, you will be provided with the option to add an internal note
- If you are the final approver on the invoice, you may also have the option to add an 'accounts payable' email address depending on your company's settings. Additionally, if you would like to notify the vendor of the approval, tick the Notify Firm by Email box.
- If you are not the final approver on the invoice, the invoice will be available for the next stage of review.
- Finally, click Approve or Approve and Next Invoice.
- If you click Approve and Next Invoice you will be taken to the next invoice where your stage is pending review. If there are no invoice stages pending your review you will be taken back to the invoices page.
Rejecting an Invoice:
- Find the invoice you are looking for and click on the Invoice Analysis page of that invoice.
- In the bottom right corner, you will have the option to approve or reject the invoice.
- Click Reject.
- You will be provided with the option to add an internal note. The Rejection Reason Note is added as an internal note that can be seen internally and also on the Law Firm Portal. The Firm Note is not captured as an internal note but will be sent as a note within the rejection email to the user who initially uploaded the invoice (as specified in the field for Vendor Email Address).
- You may also have the option to add an Accounts Payable email address, depending on your company's settings.
- If you want to notify the vendor of the approval, tick the Notify Firm by Email box. It may be on by default.
- Finally, click Reject or Reject and Next Invoice.
What happens after I reject an invoice?
- Your Vendor will be notified via email (if you choose to), and they will be prompted to log into the Brightflag Law Firm Portal.
- They can download a spreadsheet detailing the adjustments made on the invoice.
- From there, they will submit a revised draft which will then appear in your review queue as a pending invoice. You will be notified of any invoices pending your review.
- The revised draft is linked to this original draft that you have rejected. If relevant, the savings you have made will be displayed on-screen.
- You can then approve or reject this approved invoice.
What is the difference between "Rejection reason note" and "Firm Note"?
- Rejection reason Note will be added as Internal Note that can be seen internally and from the law firm's end.
- Firm Note can only be sent to the uploader of the invoice, and it is sent in an email.
Reversing an invoice status:
If an invoice has been approved or rejected in error, and the user that made the final approval or rejection is unavailable to reverse their action, your company’s system admin will be able to reverse the status back to pending.
Steps on how Admins change an invoice status can be found in this help article: How to change or reverse the status of an Invoice
Note: It’s important to be aware that changing an invoice status back to pending may cause your invoice to be paid twice if it has already been sent to Accounts Payable. Admins must ensure to perform all necessary checks to avoid this from occurring.
Please sign in to leave a comment.