Released March 14th, 2023, Brightflag has launched a new Invoice Review Flag to alert clients when an invoice exceeds a fiscal year budget.
- The flag appears when an invoice knocks a fiscal year of a budget over the limit set.
- Based on the client's fiscal year set in Brightflag.
- Based on the client's chosen date type (invoice date or billing period end date)
- This new flag is specific to each vendor, so it only considers the vendor budget and spend from the vendor of the current invoice.
- This flag uses the client's definition of spend, so vendors who bill to multiple Brightflag clients need to be aware of the fiscal year for each of their clients.
- The concept of a fiscal year is taken from the customers' definition of a fiscal year.
- Flag added is called ‘MatterBudgetFiscalYearOverrun’.
- Client Admins can add this new flag using the following steps:
- Admin Settings > Rules > Manage Rules
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the 'Add New Rule' button
- Under the Flag Name column, search for ‘MatterBudgetFiscalYearOverrun’.
- If necessary, edit the remaining fields and then select the save icon:
How it works
- Every invoice that is submitted after the budget is overrun will trigger this new flag.
- When a vendor uploads an invoice which will then cause an overrun, this new flag will trigger.
- The flag won't appear if the budget is increased above the overrun amount.
- This flag won't appear when vendors upload an invoice for a matter with no matter budget or vendor budget set.