This article is best used for Vendor Admins of Brightflag. Vendor Admins have the necessary permissions to submit Timekeeper Rates in the Brightflag platform.
Unsure which you are?
- Clients: Using Brightflag to manage your legal operations with Vendors/Law Firms.
- Vendors/Law Firms: You are working on behalf of a Client that uses Brightflag to manage its legal operations.
- There are 3 types of Vendor permission roles on Brightflag:
- Office Admin
- Vendor Admin
If you are a Vendor and don't have access to submit Timekeeper rates, please contact the dedicated Brightflag Admin at your Law Firm. For more information on access levels & permissions for Vendors, please visit the What can I see on the Law Firm Portal? article in our help center.
To submit new timekeepers:
- Navigate to Menu > Timekeepers.
- Click Bulk Upload.
- Click Download Excel Template.
- Populate the spreadsheet. Ensure to use the cell format provided.
- The Timekeeper ID is any identifier you would like.
- The Role can be any role name you choose, however, we encourage using the full word and your region's industry-standard naming convention.
- The Currency should be the 3 letter ISO code (i.e. USD)
- The Effective Date must be in the format yyyy-mm-dd or dd/mm/yyyy.
- Note: The cell format must not change, so if you are copy and pasting values from your own spreadsheet into the template, be sure to paste values only.
- Click Choose File and Upload to upload the spreadsheet.
- Click Upload Rates to confirm the submission. This will submit a new request to your client for their review. When they approve/reject the request you will see the status update on this same screen.
To update an existing timekeeper rate manually:
- Click on the edit icon beside the relevant timekeeper.
- Edit the value(s) of your choice.
- Click Update. This will submit a new request to your client for their review. When they approve/reject the request you will see the status update on this same screen.
You can track the status of your rate requests on this same page. You can learn more about this here: Viewing Existing Timekeeper Rates