This article is best suited to Clients that use Brightflag to manage their legal operations with vendor law firms.
For a detailed list of all budget types available on Brightflag, please refer to the following help articles:
- Overview of Budgeting
- Budget Requests - All You Need To Know
- Where do matter budgets appear in Brightflag?
- Estimating a Matter Budget
- Setting & Viewing Financial Budgets
- Interpreting the Results of your Financial Budgets
- Manually Reviewing Budget Requests
What are Budget Requests?
Setting up and keeping budgets up to date is a vital step towards effective cost control and spend forecasting.
Budget Requests are submitted by vendor law firms through the Brightflag Law Firm Portal. From there, the internal matter lead within your company will be notified via email when the budget is submitted by a vendor and ready for review.
When a budget is approved, it will become the new budget for the matter overwriting any previous budgets.
To review new budget requests
- Navigate to Menu > Matter Management > Search/Add Matters
- Use the Matter Participant filter to filter to your matters.
- Click on a matter name to enter the Matter Overview Page of that matter.
- Navigate to the Budgets tab.
- Here, you will see a new budget request if your vendor(s) have submitted one.
- Either Approve or Reject the budget request.
After Approving or Rejecting a budget, you will have the option to send an email comment to the vendor user who submitted the budget request.
If you Reject the budget request, it's important that you explain why, so that the vendor can amend the request and resubmit it.