AP Routes (Accounts Payable Routes) configurations determine the action that will be taken after an invoice is approved or rejected. The rules for these AP routes can be configured based on two conditions, being department and entity. You can have multiple AP routes that are ordered by priority.
To configure a new AP Route:
- Navigate to Menu > Admin Settings > AP Routes.
- If you have no existing routes, start by clicking Add AP Route. If you have existing routes in place, take note of the order that the new AP route should be placed at.
- Enter a Route Name.
- Select a route Priority.
- If required, you can add several conditions by checking the box Uses 2 or more conditions.
- AP Routes can be based on a combination of OR logic and AND logic, meaning you can decide whether all conditions must be met or any condition can be met in order for an invoice to fall into this AP route.
- Click on Add AP Route.
- Start by clicking Add Rule on the right section of the page.
- Choose an option from the dropdown option Condition Type.
- Select a Value for that condition.
- Next, add an Approve Action. This will be the action that will occur if the invoice is approved.
- Send Firm Approval Email - Notification email will be sent to law firm uploader of invoice.
- Send Accounts approval Email (Fixed) - Notification email will be sent to the selected email address.
- Batch Export - Approved invoices will be available for AP batch export.
- Batch API Export - Automatic Batch will run for approved invoices as per your API settings.
- Disable Approval on Adjusted Invoices - This would restrict approving an invoice if a fee adjustment is made.
- Invoices with fee adjustments will need to be rejected so that a revised draft can be submitted by your vendor.
- The reduced revised draft can then be approved in full.
- This is typically a requirement for EMEA and APAC entities, but it can be made active for any entity / AP route.
- Send Accounts Approval Email (Matter Lead) - Notification email will be sent to the internal matter lead on the invoice's matter.
- Send Accounts Approval Email (Manual) - Notification email can be sent to additional contacts who are not Brightflag users.
- Next, add a Reject Action. This will be the action that will occur if the invoice is rejected.
- Send Firm Rejection Email - Notification email will be sent to the vendor user that uploaded the invoice.
- Send Accounts Rejection Email - Notification email will be sent to the selected email address.
It is recommended that you consult your designated Customer Success Manager when adding or editing your AP Route settings. Alternatively, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.