Brightflag provides a Matter Overview Page for each matter that exists on the platform. The matter overview page will depict and detail insights and information relating to your matter. This guide will take you through finding the matter overview page.
The matter overview page is broken up into a series of tabs.
Matter Details tab:
- The next tab over is the Matter Details tab, where you can access the core and custom matter fields, the Matter Template, Matter Participants, the Lead Outside Counsel, and the matter's Allocations.
- You will have the ability to edit some of these fields, depending on your company's settings.
- Similarly, your vendors will be able to view and edit some fields, however, this will depend on the field access you have set in matter settings.
- First, you will see the Matter Timeline.
- Hover over a part of the timeline to see the phase this relates to.
- Filter by Year to change the date range of the data displayed.
- Next, you can review the various resourcing and task breakdowns for the matter
- Similarly to the matter timeline, these data are an aggregation of the information collected at an invoice level.
- Navigate around the various breakdown boxes for the Specific-Task Breakdown, Category Breakdown, Firm Breakdown, and Timekeeper Breakdown.
- Click into any value on this page for further granular analytics.
- The Invoices tab will list every invoice that has been submitted to this matter, along with their relevant status.
- Click on an Invoice Number to access the invoice analysis page of that invoice.
Financial Data tab:
- The Financial Data tab provides you with a comparison of the matter spend (for pending an approved invoices) against the matter's accruals.
- The Vendors tab will list all active vendors working on this matter, along with their vendor office and specific vendor user where required.
- You can add a vendor at any time to a matter.
- The Budgets tab allows you to view and edit the budget on a matter.
- Use the Documents tab to view, edit and upload documents relating to that matter.
Spend vs Budget bar:
- At the top of your screen is the Spend Vs Budget Bar.
- Click on the ? beside the word Spend to understand more about how your spend is calculated.
- Rejected invoices are not counted in your spend figure.
To close a matter:
- When a matter is complete, click the Close Matter button in the top right corner.
- This will remove the vendor's ability to upload to the matter. You can still access the matter at any time and report on the matter at a future date.