Allocations allow you to split a matter's charges amongst varying entities, departments, or any type of accounting code. You can divide a matter's charges across multiple accounting codes. You can define the parameters of allocations in matter settings.
To set ollocations on a matter:
- Find the relevant matter and click into its Matter Overview Page.
- Navigate to the Matter Details tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Matter Allocations.
- Click on the Add button.
- Enter the value for each field and click Set Allocations.
- These allocations will be set on each individual invoice by default. You can also change the allocations on an individual invoice by navigating to the Allocations tab on the invoice analysis page.