Allocations allow you to split a matter's charges amongst varying entities, departments, or any type of accounting code. You can divide a matter's charges across multiple accounting codes.
You can set Allocations on matters in two ways:
Set Allocations on a Matter Individually:
- Find the relevant matter and click on its Matter Overview Page.
- Navigate to the Matter Details tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Matter Allocations.
- Click on the Add button.
- Enter the value for each field and click Set Allocations.
- These allocations will be set on each individual invoice by default. You can also change the allocations on an individual invoice by navigating to the Allocations tab on the invoice analysis page.
Set Allocations on a Matter In-Bulk:
- Using the bulk matter update feature on the matter overview page, follow steps 1-8 in the help article: Updating Matters in Bulk.
- Select Allocations from the drop-down list of bulk update options
- Complete the four required fields and then select the green button Apply for matters.
To add multiple allocations, click the Add new allocation + at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
- All allocations must total 100%. If you get the below error message, you need to amend the Percentage for each allocation to ensure they all total to 100%.
Once you correct the errors, select Apply for matters
- All matters have now been updated.