Adding Purchase Orders (POs) to Brightflag will allow your finance team to track spend against POs more easily. POs can be set up in a variety of ways to suit your company’s needs.
Firstly, purchase orders need to be enabled within your company’s account. Reach out to email@example.com to get this feature enabled.
PO numbers are set up linked to a matter. You can edit the PO number for individual invoices (link) where needs be and you can choose which vendors on the matter can see them.
To add a PO:
- Find the matter that is connected to the PO and click on the Matter Ref to access the Matter Overview page.
- Navigate to the Purchase Orders tab.
- Click Add Purchase Order.
- You will be required to enter:
- PO Number
- If your PO is connected to several matters, you can create a PO on another matter and use the same PO number.
- When the PO is complete, change the status to Inactive so that your vendors can no longer select it when submitting an invoice.
- PO Amount
- The monetary value that has been budgeted for this PO.
- Start Date and End Date
- If multiple vendors are working on the same matter, select which vendors are connected to this PO.
If you have multiple POs set up within a matter, your vendor can select the relevant PO (that is connected to their vendor) from a dropdown list when they are submitting an invoice. If an invoice has an incorrect PO assigned, you can manually override the PO on the invoice.
To manually edit the PO assigned to an invoice:
- Find the invoice and enter the Invoice Analysis page.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the current PO Number. Click on this field and choose a PO from the dropdown list. You will only be able to choose a PO number if:
- The vendor on the PO matches the vendor on the Invoice.
- The PO is active.
- If the invoice doesn’t meet the above criteria, add the PO to the matter first. Then return to the invoice, refresh the page, and the PO will appear as an option.