Brightflag's Matter Spend v. Budget Savings Report is a new pre-built report enabling users to report on matter spend and matter budgets set up through Brightflag. This report makes it easier & quicker to report on how your organization has controlled and reduced spend by utilizing matter budgets in Brightflag.
You can run a Matter budget vs. spend budget report on your periodic budget styles - Monthly, Fiscal Year, Fiscal Quarter, or Life-Of-Matter.
The Matter Spend v. Budget Savings Report is available to all users of Brightflag. Once this feature is enabled for your organization, you can access it in the Reports section of your Brightflag Menu: Reports > Matter Spend v Budget
Navigate to your Reports tab > Matter Spend V Budget
1. Select a Budgeting Style and Set Period to capture
- Note: Life-of-Matter reports will not have a Set Period option
2. The report will display your default reporting currency, but you can change this to EUR, USD, GBP, or AUD
3. The report will default to open matters only, but you can untick this if you want to cover all matters
4. Click Get Started to run the report
Exporting the Report
The page will update when you click "Get Started," and an "Export" button will appear.
You can also update the fields set in the previous steps and rerun the report from this page if needed.
Clicking "Export" will download an Excel sheet with the following information for the selected period:
- Matter Name
- Matter Ref
- Matter Status
- Matter Group
- Matter Category
- Matter Currency
- Vendor Ref
- Budget Type
- Budget Period
- Budget Amount
- Actual Amount (pending spend + approved spend)
- Internal Matter Lead
- Variance amount - Difference between the Actual and Budget amount
When running this report for a Monthly, Fiscal Quarter or Fiscal Year budget style, the report will show all periodic budgets in that format.
- For example, when Fiscal Quarter budget style is selected, monthly budget styles are rolled up into quarters by summing the months and Fiscal Year budget style will be divided evenly into 4 quarters per year.
For further information on Brightflag's reports, please see the following articles: